The R5 Solid is a single box solution for Automatic Identification System (AIS) on board a vessel. The Solid version of the R5 technology provides the user with a flexible, future proof product. It is easy to install and operate and has a variety of interfaces for connection to other systems.
The R5 Solid AIS is our fifth-generation transponder system, building on the success of the R4 AIS system, in operation on some 20,000 ships world-wide. The R5 Solid includes an Inland AIS mode for European river going vessels. The R5 system features cutting edge digital radio technology, resulting from over five years of research on software defined radios.
Sharing radio technology with military grade systems, the R5 technology is a big leap forward into the future of AIS radios. The highly versatile R5 platform will continue to evolve as new requirements are introduced.
- Quick installation with single box solution
- 12 – 24 VDC power input
- Weatherproof design
- Intuitive graphical user interface
- Integrated Pilot plug
- Colour display
- Support for USB peripherals
- RS-232 and RS-422 interfaces
- Light sensor for automatic dimming
- Compact design
- SART alarm
- SART test support
- Support for Inland AIS
- SRM and Binary Text messaging
- Quick SW upgrade from USB memory
- VHF communication test function
- Designed for ITU-R M.1371-5
- Gimbal or flush mounting